Monday, November 22, 2010

Saying things you shouldn´t say without knowing you´ve said them.

Funny story that I need to record:

This Monday, I was sitting at the breakfast table with my host mom, talking it up like usual. And I started talking about moving to Lambayeque. And so I told her that I would like to buy my mattress in Chiclayo (my capital city), because it would be cheaper there. Then, I could just take it back on the combi (bus) with me to my site. Simple conversation right? No, no, not for Terrace Awkward Hill. No, what I actually said was that I was going to buy pussy in Chiclayo and take it back on the combi with me. Because pussy would be cheaper to buy in my capital city rather than buying it in my site.

And I couldn´t figure out why my host mom was frozen in her seat as I described this plan. Then we laughed til we were teary-eyed. Lesson learned: colchon is mattress, and concha is, as my host mom puts it, ¨la parte de la mujer¨.

1 comment:

michelle said...

this is awesome. love it!